Tonight Sporah will be chatting to Madeleine Laini about The new Fashion in Town: HEAD WRAP..! How Head Wrap Turned Into Fashion from musicians to stylists embracing the trend with open arms, from Prada’s, Giorgio Armani’s Spring Collection 2011, to name but a few….!
All on The Sporah Show Tonight 9:30pm On BEN TV SKY 184..! BE THERE.
Sharing is Caring.
Here are Madeleine Laini x7 fundamental rules for turban/wrap-wearing success:
- Eyebrows must be immaculate! Whether you like them threaded, waxed or plucked, make sure they are nicely shaped as they define the structure of your face.
- Make-up must be immaculate too. Remember your face is the focus. Set your foundation and concealer very well. Eye make-up and blusher are also necessary (although I tend to settle for a black crayon/eye pencil at most times); alluring is the key word here – the subtleness will obviously vary according to the occasion and the outfit you choose to wear.
- LIPSTICK! Yes, I can hear you loud and clear, it is make-up too. However, it is very important so I felt that it should have its own section. Nude, Red, Orange, Coral, Pink, Aubergine, Brown; Lipgloss or Vaseline – Just apply it!
- Clothes: If the wrap/turban is a combination of bold colours and patterns, then your outfit should be minimalist (and vice versa). Preferably block colours – Avoid too many patterns at once unless you know exactly what you are doing! Yes, some people just have ‘it’ and can get away with runway murder. You do not want to look like a clown.
- ACCESSORIZE!!! (stands up in church congregation again and shouts AMEN!). This is the most important stage to tie in the entire look you are going for i.e. Nubian queen, bohemian-chic, 1940′s avant-garde fashionista, urban-street-chic, look-at-me-i’m-just-fierce -chic [insert relevant adjective here then add the word chic to it] etc. From the earrings, necklaces, bags to the nail polish colour..please do not let the team down! It is a desperate plea but I mean it damn it! (points to self: accessories freak over here!)
- Shoes: Need I say more? Just do it; and do it well I beg -ohh (Mama Africa speaks!)
- CONFIDENCE!!!!! Work the run way sidewalks, pavements, exude confidence in the workplace corridor on your way to the photocopying machine; whatever, wherever; just own it! Sell it to me! Make me believe in it! Make me envy you! ..Sorry I should calm down now!Tying a wrap can be tricky at first but practice makes perfect. Have fun wearing yours.