SEND OFF PARTY FOR THE TANZANIA ATHLETES AT TANZANIAN HIGH COMMISSIONER.

It was a send off party for the Tanzania Athletes at Tanzanian High Commissioner to the UK.

Sporah talking to The Tanzanian High Commissioner To The UK H.E Peter Kallage, during the BBQ party for Tanzanian Olympians.

Hon Mr Peter Kallage with Sporah

Interview Hon Tanzania High Commissioner, Peter Kallage with The Sporah Show.

Full Interview coming soon.


MEET SELEMANI KIDUNDA THE BOXER


SPORAH MEET ZAKIA MRISHO: A TANZANIAN LONG DISTANCE RUNNER


I don’t know where to start now the Olympics are over, I feel like a different life is beginning in London. Only two months to the Olympics, I have had to learn very quickly. And I have not received a better lesson than in the last two weeks of the London 2012 Olympics. I have learnt three key lessons from this Olympics:

1.    Olympics medal is about hard cash. It is not a coincidence that the medals table appears to reflect the level of economic development of the countries. But having the resources is one thing, making the right strategic investment is another. Team Great Britain largely owes its dramatic success to what is described as “unprecedented financial investment” totaling up to more than 740 million GBP over 15 years.  The current annual spending on sports stands at 100 million GBP. However, only 40% of this comes from the treasury, while the remaining 60% is lottery fund.

Conversely, Australia finished fourth in Sydney with 16 gold medals. In London, Australia has fallen outside the top 10 with 6 gold medals. Australians have blamed reduced funding for elite athletes and a lack of facilities at the grassroots levels.
 
2.    Every medal is clearly projected and carefully planned for both in financial and technical terms over a sustained period of time. Only years of intensive, unrelenting training and preparation can win medals. There is no short cut. Medals are won by people who have worked hardest not by those who have prayed hard.  We can only win medals by building systems that are capable of producing medalists and champions not by selecting athletes that we hope can win medals.

3.    Olympics are a lifetime commitment. The champion is in the child. Ye Shiwen, the 16 year old Chinese girl that shocked the swimming world by setting a new world record in individual medley was only 12 when her country hosted the Olympics. Lizzie Armistead who won the Team GB’s first medal in this Olympics with Silver in cycling got her first bicycle at the age of 4.

Well, hopefully the legacy message of the games is to get youngsters in numbers involved with these sports in Tanzania and just maybe we will improve our standings in the sports themselves.

FULL INTERVIEW COMING SOON ON THE SPORAH SHOW.

Stay Tuned.!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous06:28

    UMEPENDEZA MWENYEWE KAMA KAWA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous08:12

    Naomba tu Mungu siku ya mwisho wa Dunia wa Tanzania tusiwe wamwisho jamani. Maana tutaishia Jehanam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous08:22

    Mh your shoe sporah, mambo ya CL.
    SAWA BWANA.
    Sasa bongo lini? umeshatuahidi sana jamani he.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:58

    Sporah showwwwwwwww

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:47

    poleni jamani kwakushindwa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous15:14

    wameshindwa hao, hawana lolote.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous04:53

    Sporah uchelewi..!
    Nimeiona hoyo gauni yako karren millen shop jumamosi ..wakaniambia ndio kwanza imeingia dukani..! lol
    Anyway, I love u.

    ReplyDelete